Tuesday 8 March 2011

WEEK 18



Whilst doing research for my second ancillary project, I came across the movie magazine 'EMPIRE'. Look at some of their front covers I noticed a key detail. When advertising a film on the front of their magazine they tend to have a theme that goes with the film. For example, looking st this 'TRON LEGACY' feature on the magazine, you notice that the magazine's theme, i.e. the text, subheadings, masthead and so forth look as if they're part of the movie. Giving the film more significance, as the magazine is revolving around its feature. I wish to incorporate something similar on to my magazine. As my poster and trailer have aspects of fire in it, I want to make fire, or the colours orange, black and or gold predominant on my magazine cover. Just like the 'TRON LEGACY' cover, I would like my magazine to only have one picture; a picture representing my film. This will give it more significance and make it the main attraction. For cover lines it would be wise of me to mainly focus on films as its a film magazine. I can talk about upcoming films, film reviews, interviews with stars or upcoming events to do with . I noticed that some pictures appear in front of the masthead whereas others appear behind it. This could be due to the significance of the film or popularity. As my film magazine will not be an established franchise I'll make my film appear behind the masthead, so that the masthead is clear enough for the audience to read. Some magazines like EMPIRE can have the masthead behind the main subject because it is a well known established magazine.

Here are some other posters I looked at

No comments:

Post a Comment