Tuesday 5 April 2011

WEEK 19

Here is my first draft magazine. I didn’t think any of the photos I previously took were suitable enough for a magazine cover, so I used this image of Iron Man as a foundation for my magazine cover.

As you can see I got rid of the Iron Man text on the image and the majority of the left side so the main image could go on my front cover. I then flipped the image horizontally as it looks better.
 For the masthead I used a font known as ‘Devil Breeze’. I liked this font as it seemed modern and can appeal to fans of films of all genres. As it does not look like a font for a specific film type, it can be seen as a broad-spectrum font. It also appeared perfect for me to use as a masthead the way it looks across the top of the magazine. I added a coverline regarding a new film coming out. I also put a list of films due to be released, telling the consumers ‘New movies you need to know about’. As this is a common feature on film magazines I decided to put this there. This seemed to be a good feature, as if the customers weren’t interested in the main cover image (main film), the list of other films may persuade them to buy it – as there may be a film in that least they’re interested in.


I decided to advertise a ‘free giant Iron Man poster inside’ as my draft magazine’s main feature is Iron Man, however when I do come round to incorporating my own images on to the cover I’ll leave the advertisement.

I added a barcode to the magazine, along with the issue number, the date, and an official website for the magazine for realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment