Tuesday 12 April 2011

WEEK 21


This week I went out got some last minute footage to replace some of my original footage. This image is a new scene I got in which I'm using it to replace a clip of a group of friends briefly discussing ghosts and the burnt down school. In this clip I had 2 girls talking about bunking college, and going to the site of the burnt down school. This explains what made the students go there. Even though my 2 main characters do not feature in this clip, I used these 2 girls as the ones who get the boys involved in this adventure. In regards to Todorov's narrative theory these 2 girls can be considered the dispatchers as even though they're meant to go with the guys, they're the ones who send the "heroes" on their "mission".


Here I recorded a scene of a phone in which a text message is being sent to the main characters. This is how the plans of  'going to the burnt down school' get to the boys. I decided to get the message across via text message, as this is a stereotypical view of the way teenagers communicate. Also the phone which was being used to send the text message is a Blackberry. Nowadays a lot of young people tend to own Blackberries so incorporating this trend into my trailer relates to my target audience.



In this additional scene I recorded my protagonist Calvin on the phone. Appearing to be in distress, I made it look as if Calvin was really worried. The call he received was about his friend Marlon, who went to the burnt down school alone and no one has heard from him since. I used a medium close up to capture his facial expressions whilst speaking to whoever's on the line.




Here's an image of my production company. I done this to reinforce the professionalism of my teaser trailer. I created this in Adobe Photoshop.


I also got my final choice for my soundtrack; in which I used 'Horror Soundtrack - Charlie Clouser - Saw 2 - Don't Forget The Rules' found on youtube.com
I particuarly like this soundtrack because of the shift in sound during the music and it had an eary feel which made my horror trailer more realistic and spooky, conveying generic conventions of my genre

No comments:

Post a Comment